With many people and Non Governmental Organizations realizing the need to protect the interest and support our most beloved and loyal buddies (our pets), this new era of millennials has offered this four-legged friend a special niche to have their comfort and importance.
While discussing the niche, some people have taken their love for pets to the next level. Let us learn a little more about it.
The trend of traveling with your dog came to limelight when Paris Hilton would travel with her Chihuahua wherever she would go. She is a trendsetter, hence this spread like wildfire.
Nowadays traveling with your dog is a lot easier as compared to a decade ago. Although most of us prefer to travel on our vehicle (four-wheeler), most recent videos in the media show people traveling with their pets on motorbikes and scooters, and interestingly the pets seem to enjoy the same.
A recent survey conducted state that about 52% to 54% of dog owners stated that they cant think of traveling anywhere without their four-legged buddy. No wonder you will see the man’s best friend traveling on an airplane, railways, and even on cruises.
No matter what your fashion statement maybe, in today’s date, you can get the right outfit for your four-legged companion as well. Many retailers sell dog clothes right next to human cloaths just to match the style.
A few things that you need to keep in mind while traveling with your dog
- Choose the mode of transport to travel keeping in mind the duration of travel, longer distances should be traveled using the fastest mode of transport like airlines.
- Choose a carrier that is pet friendly and would ensure the safety of your beloved companion.
- Visit your local veterinarian for a good health check-up (remember some counties require fitness and vaccination records on arrival to allow your dog to enter the country)
- Make sure your dog is microchipped before you travel anywhere with them, god forbid if your dog separates from you while traveling, this will help you track it down.
- Tag your dog, with your latest information (like name of your dog, your address and your contact details)
Ways to Travel in Style with your Dog
- If you have a favorite sports team, dress yourself up with their jersey and get one for your dog too, you can go overboard buying a cap with holes to pass the ears and make your fur buddy wear it.
- If you plan to go to the beach, dress your dog in a bright Hawaiian print board shorts, and just don’t forget to put those special sunglasses. And if the weather gets rough, you can always buy and carry those weather-resistant jackets specially designed for your four-legged companion. Keeping it dry all the while.
- You can dress up your fur-buddy in formals as well should you choose to make that special business trip with it. There is a variety of formal attire available ranging from basic collared suits to tuxedos.
Just remember whatever you choose to do, make your statement with a smile, you will be surprised to know, there is a high possibility you grab the attention of the media not because of you but because of your fur buddy and its attire. So why wait to start exploring.